It is now one month since my surgery and I am starting from scratch in the fitness category. My eyes have been opened to how wonderful it is to feel good and how badly I want to re-invent my life and make fitness and active living a part of it. I thought I would share this part of my journey on my blog - since Crohn's Disease can wreak such havoc on our ability to be active, maintain a healthy weight, eat well, get rest and more. Also, watching Biggest Loser can be so motivational! So, here it is.
- Gain at least 12 lbs to reach a healthy weight of at least 128 lbs.
- Increase cardio and weight training exercise slowly.
- Build some physical activities into my life. (Buy rollerblades!)
- Get better sleep. No more snooze button!
- Eat a well rounded, healthy diet.
I am truly starting from scratch. I can only do some stretches and a few very light exercises. The snooze button is my enemy. I have gone nuts on foods I haven't eaten in years - I need to ease up and introduce foods slowly.
Weight: 115 lbs
Strength: Very Low
And thus begins a new adventure!