- Vomiting (possibly with nausea) - make note if there is blood in the vomit, this usually looks like dark coffee grinds.
- Change in pain - cramping pain or sharp pains that are new.
- Constipation or new diarrhea. If you are not passing any stool or gas call your doctor asap.
- Blood in your stools (looks almost black).
- Lightheadedness or dizziness.
- Infection around the incision site: redness, pus, odour.
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Signs & Symptoms To Watch For After Bowel Surgery
I might have caught my obstruction sooner if my doctor had told me what to watch for after she discharged me following my small bowel(intestine) resection. Then I would not have thought it was the flu. Here's a list for anyone interested: