Amy Brenneman is a well known actress who's accomplishments range from climbing the Himalayas to Judging Amy. She's a mom, writer and producer and an active spokeswoman for Healthy Child, Healthy World.
starring in a long running TV series:
She also has Ulcerative Colitis.
"Years ago, my doctor told me there was a surgical solution, but I thought, I will never do that. But surgery ended up being what healed me. I'm so grateful to Western medicine. And while I have found a way past my ulcerative colitis, there are so many who still suffer." (Source: CCFA.org)
Her recent filmography:
- 2007-2013 Private Practice (TV series)
- 2011 Robot Chicken (TV series)2009 Mother and Child
- 2008 Downloading Nancy
- 2007 The Jane Austen Book Club
- 2007 Grey's Anatomy (TV series)
- 2007 88 Minutes
- 1999-2005 Judging Amy (TV series)
Read her story at: http://www.ccfa.org/living-with-crohns-colitis/personal-stories/my-story-amy-brenneman.html