It's been three weeks since the surgery to drain my abscess. Luckily my wound seems to be healing slowly but nicely (I'm sure I'm jinxing myself by typing that... cue the gurgling). Today however, I was struck by a real feeling of fatigue. I'm yawning. I'm stretching. I'm unfocused. At first I was like, hey, what's going on!?? However, even an amateur sleuth could deduce a whole load of reasons for this:
• I've been working from home, but maintaining full time hours at the computer.
• My new Xbox makes it very easy to stay up half an hour later. Ok, more like an hour.
• I've had about 2 months of Prednisone induced insomnia.
• Now that the Prednisone is down to 10mg per day, I'm not getting the artificial energy that comes from it.
• I haven't been napping or sleeping any extra for the last 3 weeks to aid my body's recovery.
So, yeah, it's my own fault. A smart person would be getting some extra sleep to help her body recover. Sleep more silly girl! Ok, I am now vowing to start getting some more sleep. No one will make fun of me for going to bed at 9:30pm instead of 10:30pm right? Right!